- Corridor Talk (Appendix to Cyborgs & Citadels)
- Grantwriting Strategies
- Guidelines for Grading Exams
- Help Writing Essays
- Ad Hoc Committee on United States Immigration Policy and Scholarly Work. 2003. “United States Immigration Policy and Scholarly Work.” Society for Social Studies of Science. (*Served as Committee Chair)
- Downey, Gary. 2002. “Recruitment, Retention, Advancement: What Works?: Group Report,” pp. 45-47 in Diversity in Engineering: Managing the Workforce of the Future (Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press).
- Downey, Gary L. 1981. Citizen Action Groups and WIPP. Report to the National Research Council Panel on Social and Economic Aspects of Radioactive Waste Management. Washington: National Academy of Sciences/National Research Council, (51 pages).
- 4S timeline archive 2014-2015. docx
- Virginia Tech commencement address (Fall 2008): “The Answer Is: My Mother, Your Transcript, and Angela Tincher.” video